Use ssh to copy the source code to the machine and manually start the app service.
Servers and Tools
* <a href="https://www.eventedmind.com/classes/inside-git-a56241b2" target="_blank">Inside Git</a>
* <a href="https://www.eventedmind.com/classes/managing-processes-with-systemd-2af11ece" target="_blank">Managing Processes with Systemd</a>
* <a href="https://www.eventedmind.com/classes/ssh-57b17215" target="_blank">SSH</a>
* <a href="https://www.eventedmind.com/classes/users-groups-and-permissions-1c2b3664" target="_blank">Users, Groups and Permissions</a>
* <a href="https://www.eventedmind.com/classes/the-shell-ed634048" target="_blank">The Shell</a>
* <a href="https://www.eventedmind.com/items/virtualbox-and-vagrant-d9d6556f" target="_blank">VirtualBox and Vagrant</a>
* <a href="https://www.eventedmind.com/classes/how-the-web-works-7f40254c" target="_blank">How The Web Works</a>
**Notes and Corrections**
* *Provisioning a Deployment Machine 15:20* - The `g+s` option to the `chmod`
command sets the `setgid` permission, not the "sticky bit" permission. The
`setgid` permission ensures that when a new file or folder is created the
group is always set to `adm` instead of as the user who created the file or
* *Making a Fancier Deploy Script* - The deploy hook script has been updated
slightly from the one in the video. See the Github source code for the
project to see the updated script in `config/git-hooks/post-receive.bash`
One-On-One Questions or Comments?
Something not making sense, want to share your thoughts or just say hello? I check this daily!