In this video I'll walk you through how to make an asynchronous Meteor method call, compensate for latency (delay) with method stubs, and throw errors from the server with Meteor.Error.
I've created a separate branch for each part of the video. For example, you can look at the initial form code by typing:
> git checkout 0-submit-form
* **0-submit-form**: Parse form fields, show message reactively on the page.
* **1-method-call**: Call a remote method to parse the message for users.
* **2-latency**: Introduce server latency to simulate an expensive call.
* **3-method-stubs**: Show how method stubs help with latency.
* **4-simulation**: Use isSimulation to refactor the method.
* **5-method-errors**: Introduce Meteor.Error to return errors to client.
One-On-One Questions or Comments?
Something not making sense, want to share your thoughts or just say hello? I check this daily!